SQUAR3D V2 is the sequel to the original SQUAR3D theme, except this time it has been taking steroids.
View a demo here.
- Responsive design
- CSS written in SASS(scss) with source files and codekit-config.json provided
- Widgetized sidebar
- Threaded comments w/ Gravatars
- Magnific Popup used for responsive lightbox styled image/gallery viewing
- Separate trackbacks and comments
- Header and footer menu areas
- Header dropdown menu support
- Three tiers supported
- Post format styles and icons built in (can be disabled via CSS)
- Sticky post styling
- WP-Metro icon font installed by default, see usage and available icons here
- Custom Theme Options
- Customizable logo and logo placement
- Customizable favicon and iOS icons
- Multiple areas for search field placement (above content, below navigation, or widget)
- 21 color scheme options or a custom scheme
- Specify a custom stylesheet URL OR insert specific properties into theme options CSS field
- Show or hide site tagline below site logo
- Choose from 38 social icons to be placed in the footer
- Customizable footer text
- Google Analytics placement without editing the theme
- Off-canvas mobile navigation with dropdown support
If you have never installed a custom WordPress theme before, check out Using Themes on WordPress.org. If you have previously installed themes then this should be no problem for you.
- Unzip and upload the folder squar3d-v2 to the /wp-content/themes/ directory on your server.
- Activate it via the Dashboard.
- In Appearance » Menus, create two menus. One for your header navigation, and one for your social icons in the footer.
- Visit Appearance » Theme Options to configure SQUAR3D V2.
- Visit Appearance » Widgets and start adding your Widgets. All the work is done for you.
- Further improvement made to Magnific Popup intialization via jQuery
- Updated README.md features list
- Updated Magnific Popup to use jQuery to initialize images and galleries
- Corrected blockquote styling
- Removed unneeded functions-user.php file
- Removed user.scss, user.css files
- Removed call to user.css in header.php
- Adjusted call to style.css in header.php to use stylesheet_directory_uri
- Improvements/changes made for better child theme support